QueTeLaPiqueUnPollo.: How To Use “Get Something”

jueves, junio 09, 2016

How To Use “Get Something”



Have you ever watched an English TV show and you didn’t get everything?
Has someone ever told you a joke in English, and you didn’t get it?
Of course!

How To Use “Get Something”

If you don’t understand something, you can use the casual expression: “I don’t get it.”
But make sure you add another phrase so that you sound more polite.
For example:
I’m sorry, I didn‘t get what you said. Can you say it again?
When I was in high school, I didn’t get why I had to do thirty math problems every day for homework.
In fact, even now, I don’t get how it’s helpful to do anything without a realistic context.
I really want to get more when I watch English TV shows.
You might also know the expression “to catch something.”
So if you can understand what someone said, but it’s too loud in the room to get every word, you can say:
didn’t catch the last word you said. Can you say it again?

Two Common Situations

1. The first common situation is when you simply don’t understand what someone else said.
In the video, I told a story about when I was sitting at dinner with fifteen French speakers, and I didn’t get anything.
2. The second situation is when someone tells a joke, and you don’t understand why it’s funny.
Maybe you were watching an English TV sitcom like “Friends,” and other people are laughing, but you don’t get it.
What’s so funny? I don’t understand the joke? I don’t get the joke.

Now It’s Your Turn

In the comments section below, write a sample sentence with “to get something.”
When was a time when you didn’t get something? Did you ever get it? Or maybe you never did!

No hay comentarios.: